Monitoring conformity of radio equipment
FICORA is responsible for supervising the conformity of radio equipment. The aim of the supervision is to
- ensure that only interference-free and appropriately functioning equipment is available to users
- prevent radio interference.
The obligations for manufacturers, importers and distributors of radio equipment are laid down in the Information Society Code (917/2014)(in Finnish). The regulations are based on the Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU.
FICORA's operating methods in supervising the conformity of radio equipment are
- communication and guidance on relevant regulations and requirements
- testing of equipment
- inspections in shops, importers' warehouses, trade fairs and online shops
- cooperation with other Finnish and EU authorities
If shortcomings in the conformity of radio equipment are found, FICORA obligates the manufacturer, importer or seller of the radio equipment to correct them. Seriously non-compliant radio equipment will be withdrawn from the market. The manufacturer, importer or seller can also be made liable for the costs of the technical testing of non-compliant radio equipment.