Stages of the project
- Out of all broadband projects funded by the State or the EU, 124 were completed by the end of 2015. Within the Fast Broadband project:
- a total of EUR 72.3 million of state and EU aid has been granted for the building of broadband networks;
- 17,300 kilometres of broadband network has been built;
- about EUR 4.2 of state and EU aid has been granted per built network metre;
- about 27,000 new optical fibre lines have been established (77% of them had a connection speed of 100 Mbps);
- the networks provide access for 70,000 subscribers, i.e. the networks constructed during the year have created access for 15,000 subscribers.
This map shows the Fast Broadband projects. In the dark blue areas, construction has been completed and aid has been paid. In the light blue areas, state aid decision has been given and the network is under construction. In the green areas, state aid decisions are yet to be issued, or the areas are in a planning phase as completely new areas, or the competition in these areas must be reopened. In principle, the project areas correspond to the network to be constructed. Some areas can be larger than the actual network, e.g. project areas that cover the entire municipality.
Financial aid for broadband granted by FICORA by 31 December 2015, by province Save the graph data as a CSV file
Financial aid for broadband granted by FICORA by 31 December 2015, by telecom operator Save the graph data as a CSV file
The stages of the Broadband 2015 project since 2008 are listed below.