Mobile operators and networks
The licensing procedure to provide public telecommunication services in a mobile network is governed by the Information Society Code.
Mobile network means
- GSM and UMTS mobile networks
- 450 digital broadband mobile network
- 2000 mobile communication network,
- 800 MHz, 2500 MHz and 3500 MHz network providing electronic communications services suitable for terrestrial systems, which are provided to consumers independent of the location of mobile phone services and mobile broadband across the Finnish.
Mobile networks are using a variety of network technologies, which is driven and controlled by the network operator's radio network. The terminal will obey radio commands received from the network and exchange technology, silently, without user intervention.
Finnish mobile operators, and frequency bands are
- 450 MHz - Ukkoverkot Ltd
- 800 MHz - DNA Ltd, Elisa Corporation, TeliaSonera Finland Corporation and the Åland Telekommunikation Ab
- 900 MHz - DNA Ltd, Elisa Corporation, TeliaSonera Finland Corporation and the Åland Telekommunikation Ab
- 1800 MHz - DNA Ltd, Elisa Corporation, TeliaSonera Finland Corporation and the Åland Telekommunikation Ab
- 2.1 GHz - DNA Ltd, Elisa Corporation, TeliaSonera Finland Corporation and the Åland Telekommunikation Ab
- 2.6 GHz - Ukkoverkot Ltd, DNA Ltd, Elisa Corporation, TeliaSonera Finland Corporation and the Åland Telekommunikation Ab
Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority does not grant licenses for mobile radio repeaters for private and personal use. Repeaters operating in the frequency bands of licensed mobile communication networks can cause interference or restrict the mobile network services.
The European Commission has adopted a decision authorizing the GSM services on board vessels is possible by national sea beyond. The ship's flag state must apply for a radio license for GSM network base stations and repeaters. In some cases, authorization may be required at the destination country authorities.
Apply for a licence with the contact form in 'Our services'. Choose "Spectrum" as the subject of the message.
Different states in the border regions may detect the terminal at the same time a number of the appropriate networks. Terminal device connects to the strongest general radio network that the SIM card is allowed. The selection can lead to significant financial bills. It is recommended to use manual network selection in the terminal in order to avoid high roaming fees, in this mode the terminal device does not automatically change the radio network when there is a loss of signal of the home network.