When making an international call, you can select the telecoms operator of your choice by:
- using an international carrier access code
- making a carrier pre-selection agreement with a telecoms operator (applies to landline subscriptions only)
- dialling the "+" sign on your mobile phone, after which the call is directed to the network determined by the telecoms operator providing your subscription.
If you have made a pre-selection agreement, the calls you make dialling the prefix 00 are directed to the network of the telecoms operator you have selected.
Calls made without a carrier pre-selection agreement or a carrier access code are directed to the network determined by your telecoms operator.
International carrier access codes begin with 99 and have 3 to 5 digits.
For example, to call from Finland to the number 567 234 in Stockholm, Sweden, dial before the number in the following order:
- the international prefix
- the Swedish country code 46
- the Stockholm area code 8.
|00 46 8 567 234||a call using the international prefix|
|99X(Y)(Z) 46 8 567 234||a call using an international carrier access code with 3 to 5 digits
|+ 46 8 567 234||a call from a mobile network using the "+" sign that replaces the international prefix
|90XYZ 00 46 8 567 234||a call via operator XYZ using a general carrier access code
- the international prefix of the country in question
- the Finnish country code 358
- the area code without the zero.
For example: +358 9 345 6789.
A list of international carrier access codes granted by FICORA is available here.