Directory inquiries and onward call connection
According to FICORA's numbering regulation, the following numbers have been assigned to general directory enquiry services and national onward call connection services (i.e. switching). The services offered in these numbers must meet the content requirements specified below.
- 118 – service number of the telecoms operator delivering the subscription
- 0100 100
- 02020x (x#8)
- 075 000, 075 300, 075 320, 075 750 and 075 980
- 075 200–075 299
Service numbers may not be used for connecting calls to the following service groups defined in FICORA's barring regulation:
- II – Consulting and ordering services
- III – Entertainment services
- IV – Adult entertainment services.
A telecoms operator may be granted permission to connect calls to specific and favourably priced numbers in service group II. Such numbers may include, for example, taxi ordering services. The permission is granted by self-regulation in the sector, in a process lead by MAPEL/Teleforum ry.