Obligations regarding service content
At the request of their customers, registrars
- enter fi-domain names in FICORA's domain name register
- update contact details
- renew fi-domain names
- change registrars
- transfer fi-domain names to another holder
- remove domain names from the register.
Domain name registrars must also provide their customers with
- general guidance related to fi-domain names
- information in case the registrar has terminated its operations or FICORA has issued a prohibition decision concerning the registrar.
Registrars pay FICORA for registering and renewing their customers’ domain names via the registrar's technical interface. According to the validity period the price for registration or renewal of a domain name is:
- 1 year - EUR 9
- 2 years - EUR 18
- 3 years - EUR 27
- 4 years - EUR 36
- 5 years - EUR 45
Registrations and renewals are charged to the registrar's prepaid account in which the registrar deposits money in advance. The fees paid by the registrars are as provided in the Decree 660/2016 (in Finnish) of the Ministry of Transport and Communications. The Decree is available only in Finnish and Swedish.
FICORA does not refund any fees to the registrar even if the registrar had accidentally registered the domain name incorrectly or FICORA removed the domain name from the register by issuing a decision.