Name server test
- whether the fi-domain name is configured to name servers in accordance with FICORA’s requirements
- whether the name services of the fi-domain name are functioning properly
- whether a DNS security extension is enabled for the domain name.
If you have received an email from FICORA about name servers that are not functioning, the name server test provides you with more information about the problem.
You can also check the functionality of the name servers before registering a domain name. If you are about to change a name server, you can check whether the new name servers comply with FICORA’s requirements.
Enter one of the following in the search bars below:
- domain name (including top level domain .fi)
- domain name (including top level domain .fi) and name servers to be tested.
The tool shows the IP address automatically after you have entered the server name. If Java Script prevents the automatic search of IP addresses, type the IP addresses yourself. The test may take up to two minutes if all name servers do not respond.
It is recommended to examine the test results and to fix any identified defects as soon as possible.
The test found a defect in the configurations of the name service. It does not generally require immediate action, but it is recommended to investigate the cause of the defect.
The test found no defects.