|Jarno Ilme||Director||Spectrum Management|
|Jarkko Saarimäki||Director||National Cyber Security Centre|
|Ari-Pekka Neuvonen||Director of Information Management||Information Management|
|Hanna Tamminen||Director of Communications||Communications|
|Riitta Vuorela||Director of Administration||Administration|
|Klaus Nieminen||representative of a staff association||Juko|
|Kalle Pikkarainen||representative of a staff association||Viestintäviraston henkilöstö ry|
|Soile Pienimäki||Executive Group Secretary|
FICORA employs about 240 specialists within jurisprudence, economics and technology.
The Markets Division is responsible for:
- market surveillance and market analyses of the communications market in general, and monitoring of the operational environment
- analyses and supervision of undertakings with significant market power (SMP)
- the universal service of the telecommunications and postal markets, and other supervision of the postal market
- the viability of communications networks and services
- telecoms standardisation
- supervision of the compliance with the EU Commission's Roaming Regulation
- the supervision of television and radio operations
- Fast Broadband project (state aid authority for broadband deployment in rural areas)
- the coordination of data collection and data publication.
The Markets Division also provides legal interpretation coordination for all division.
The Spectrum Management Division is responsible for:
- the use of radio frequencies and frequency planning
- radio transmitter licences and other usage rights, and special proficiency required from radio transmitter users
- ensuring the conformity assessment of radio and telecommunications terminal equipment, placing the equipment on the market, marking of equipment and market surveillance
- the investigation and removal of radio interference
- the unauthorized or unlawful use or possession of radio equipment
- spectrum auction arrangements
- notified body operations for telecommunications terminal and radio equipment
- granting of short-term TV network licences
- granting of radio and TV programme licences
- the supervision of network licences
- Customer Service
- the handling of undeliverable postal items.
The National Cyber Security Centre is responsible for:
- the readiness of telecoms operators, and viability of communications networks and services in the event of faults and disturbances, and in exceptional circumstances
- the protection of privacy in electronic communications
- electronic identification and electronic signatures
- official requirements in emergency traffic, interception and supervision of telecommunications
- the duties of the National Communications Security Authority
- Fi-domain name management.
FICORA's CERT-FI and NCSA-FI duties have been merged into the National Cyber Security Centre.
The Administration is responsible for:
- the development of operations and productivity, leadership, organisation and administration
- operative and economic planning, budgets, financing, payments, financial statements and financial administration
- internal audits, and arrangements for internal audits, and assessment of operations
- personnel management, planning and development
- material and real estate management
- coordination of risk management.
The Information Management is responsible for:
- IT infrastructure, application maintenance and coor¬dination of usage
- FICORA's information management strategy
- information security related to information technology
- IT systems, software and services as well as system design
- document management and information services.
The Communications is responsible for:
- the strategic and operative planning of FICORA's communications
- FICORA's external and internal communications and marketing communications
- FICORA's external image and common publications
- FICORA's internet and intranet sites
- FICORA's translation services and coordination of them.