Protecting an ADSL modem
An ADSL modem without adequate protection can be misused for example:
- to route harmful traffic or spam;
- to direct traffic to harmful websites.
- Ensure that the modem's control panel can only be accessed from inside a internal network.
- Change the control panel password immediately when you start using the modem.
- Update the modem's firmware from time to time. You can check the availability of updates from the manufacturer's website or use the automatic update feature of the modem control panel.