Protecting an ADSL modem
An ADSL modem without adequate protection can be misused for example:
- to route harmful traffic or spam;
- to direct traffic to harmful websites.
- Ensure that the modem's control panel can only be accessed from inside a internal network.
- Change the control panel password immediately when you start using the modem.
- Update the modem's firmware from time to time. You can check the availability of updates from the manufacturer's website or use the automatic update feature of the modem control panel.
The Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA)
The National Cyber Security Centre Finland (NCSC-FI)
Itämerenkatu 3 A
P.O. Box 313
Media contacts by telephone +358 295 390 248